iBidgolf Group (“iBidgolf”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
What is the Purpose of this Policy?
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding how we handle information we collect from you or that you provide to us or which we otherwise learn about you from our relationships with you as a registered user, a bidder at an online auction held via our Website, a buyer of any items via our Website, and/or your use of our Website.
Who Are We?
iBidgolf is the owner and operator of the websites at www.ibidgolf.com We are registered in the United Kingdom under company number ???????? and our registered office is at: “??”?”????????????
Our contact details are:
Address: C/O above
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We obtain information about you when you use our Website, for example:
(i) when you become a registered user or fill in other forms on our Website;
(ii) when you participate in an online auction, when you subscribe to receive email alerts, or when you subscribe to or participate in any other service;
(iii) if you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence;
(iv) if you participate in a survey that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
(v) details of your visits to our Website including time, traffic data, communication data, location data, your IP address and your browser type and operating system; and
(vi) we may store information on your collecting interests so that we can inform you of relevant products and services.
We may also collect and aggregate information about your computer for system administration and website analytics. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by placing certain bits of information called “cookies” in your web browser software or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are sent back only to the website that placed them when a visitor returns to that site.
Cookies help us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service; and
- remember your session identification, thereby maintaining your session while you are logged in to our site.
Some of the cookies we use are essential for our Website to operate.
The Information We Hold About You
The personal information we collect might include:
- Identity Data (includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender).
- Contact Data (includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers).
- Financial Data includes (includes bank account, payment card details, and credit history).
- Transaction Data (includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from or through us).
- Technical Data (includes internet protocol (IP) address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on devices used to access the Website).
- Profile Data (includes username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses).
- Usage Data (includes information about how you use the Website and our Services).
- Marketing and Communications Data (includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences).
We may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices/applications and third-party services) and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). For example, if you access third-party services (such as Facebook Connect) through or in connection with our website, we may collect information available about you through those services, including personal information as well as publicly observable data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings. We may also collect personal information from you at events, from telephone calls, surveys and/or other correspondence with you.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you, such details about your race or ethnicity, or about your health; nor do we collect information about criminal convictions and offences.
The Ways We Use Your Information
The Purposes for which we will use your personal information
We may use your information in order to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in online auctions and other interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented or otherwise agreed to be contacted for such purposes e.g. when you register with us, purchase items through our auctions, consign items for sale through our auctions, or as otherwise provided in this policy;
- if you choose to provide information to us regarding your interests and/or preferences we may send you content based on the information that you have provided to us. We may use the information provided by you to display information about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We do not share this information with any other third party;
- notify you about changes to our services;
- seek your opinions on our services;
- for our internal business record keeping, tax, accounting and audit purposes;
- to carry out identity and credit checks (for example, in relation to buyers and bidders); and
- in connection with legal and regulatory matters that we need to deal with.
We use your financial information, such as credit card details only for payment purposes.
In some cases we may share your personal data with other recipients who them selves are responsible for personal data.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances (for example when we collect statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns) we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform any contract we have entered into with you, or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Lawful Basis for Use of Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data on one of the following lawful bases:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Why might we share your personal information with third parties?
We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer our relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. We are not in the business of selling your personal information to third parties!
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
Where permitted by the provisions of applicable law, The Auction Hub may share such information from time to time with the following third parties:
- Our other group companies including the employees, directors and managers of those companies who have a need to access your personal information in carrying out their responsibilities; and
- Any agent, contractor, supplier, vendor, or third party service providers who provides administration, logistics or other services to The Auction Hub which are relevant to the services which we provide to you or who otherwise assist us in conducting our business, such as data hosting, call centre operations, and email management services.
What about other third parties?
Transferring information outside of the EEA
We will not transfer the personal information we collect about you outside of the European Economic Area and accordingly your information will also be protected by the Data Protection Legislation.
We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the accidental loss, misuse, access and/or alteration of the information you provide. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Further, when you participate in an online auction or give us personal information, such as your name, address and credit card details you are automatically on our secure server. Our secure server software encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us to protect your data against unauthorised access.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure, and Restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information of which we need to be made aware.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive details of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request the correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another person.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if any request made by you is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to Withdraw Consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose (for example, in relation to direct marketing that you have indicated you would like to receive from us), you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing.
Changes to this Policy
Questions and Complaints Regarding this Policy
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.